Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Decorative Concrete Hand Carved Tiki

Concrete Artisan Jody Smith of Overlay Solutions, LLC is carving a concrete tiki at one of his clients request. The tiki will be placed along with others around an island style pool paradise. Some simulated boulders and a tiki bar are also being created by Overlay Solutions, LLC. Smith says that the project is a first for him but found it fun to create the tiki. Smith used a photo that the client gave him and he carved in all the intricate details of the photo. Smith was also able to create the aged look of the tiki by using different coloration techniques. The concrete mix used is a light weight vertical mix that Smith creates in house.

This is Smith's long term vision for his company by giving the little extras to his clients by thinking outside the box. Trying new methods to enhance the clients request and taking decorative concrete ideas to the next level. Smith has a lot of new ideas and decorative concrete concepts in the works and plans to continue creating decorative concrete art all over the Charleston, Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, Isle of Palms, and surrounding areas.

"I want to give my clients one of a kind creations that no one else has. I do this by listening to their wants and needs instead of looking at the project on a production time scale. I do feel that every project needs to be completed in a timely manor without sacrificing quality. I enjoy my job and like the creative side that I take by adding the extra details when it's possible without adding cost to client. If I see something that would take the project to another level I just do it. I do this knowing that word of mouth can carry a company to great heights. This I learned being in the Landscape design industry for 16 plus years. If you want to make a name for yourself you have to earn it and that doesn't happen cutting corners." - Jody Smith

Visit Our Site: http://www.overlaysolutions.com/ to see some of our many decorative concrete services.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!
Very creative man, I like your output. You are very talented ^_^
Concrete Driveways